Have an event we should know about? Please Contact Us
- This event has passed.
October 9 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Discover Hingham as you never have before as a spirited Tour Guide takes you on a lantern lit journey to downtown historic sites. Meet Hingham’s most interesting and eccentric inhabitants of the past, portrayed by award winning Company Theatre performers. Visit the homesteads of restless souls, explore an eerie and atmospheric New England cemetery and listen to true tales that are stranger than fiction and delivered by engaging storytellers. A charged atmosphere is guaranteed on this tour, which will be entertaining for the whole family. A Spooky Walk Through History is brought to you by the Hingham Historical Society, the Hingham Cemetery and The Company Theater as a fundraiser for the Theater and the Society.
Tickets are limited, restricted to six per customer and must be purchased in advance.
- Select your date from nine nights in October
- Select your tour time. There are four 70-minute tours per evening: 7:15pm, 7:30pm, 7:45pm, and 8pm.
- Tours depart promptly at the start time.
- Tours are just under one mile and include walking in the dark on uneven ground.
- Tours are limited to 14 people and not recommended for children under 6.
- Tours begin and end at the Hingham Heritage Museum, 34 Main Street.
- Heritage Museum Shop & Visitors Center will be open and restrooms are available
- Concession stand on the porch of the Hingham Heritage Museum
- Limited parking at 34 Main Street. Additional parking behind Hingham Institution for Savings at 55 Main Street
- In case of inclement weather, ticket holders will be notified for a reschedule or refund.
- Friday October 29th is a special 21+ Haunted Hingham Tour and reception. $75 per person includes tour and reception at the Old Ordinary Annex.Two tour times to choose from 6:30pm and 8:00pm. This event is capped at 60 people
There are no physical tickets for the tours. Your name will be on a list at check-in and your online confirmation is your receipt.