Happy Valentine’s Day! We hope you are showered with love today. If you’ve got a reservation, yay! If you’re staying in (hello, pj’s and a glass of wine) we’ve listed some movies we love below so you can relax and cozy up with your better half. Plus, keep reading for 5-ingredient valentines rice krispie treats!
Movie Night In
The Princess Bride
You’ve Got Mail
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
When Harry Met Sally
50 First Dates
Breakfast at Tiffany’s
The Wedding Singer
West Side Story
Looking for a quick after school snack to show your little Valentines you love them? This five ingredient treat is so good and tastes like a chocolate covered cherry! Also, I love to use the juice from maraschino cherries for a great flavor to many desserts. Next time you make a vanilla cake, add some of the juice for a delicious cherry flavor.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Five Ingredient Love Me Some Valentines Rice Krispie Treats
3 tablespoon unsalted butter
10 oz mini marshmallows
2 teaspoons cherry juice, from maraschino cherries
5 cups Rice Krispie cereal
9.5 oz pink, red, white M&Ms (Cupid’s Message)
- In a large non-stick pot, melt butter.
- Add marshmallows and cherry juice and mix until almost melted
- Add cereal and M&Ms and mix for three to five minutes until chocolate candies begin to crack and all the mashmallows are melted and incorporated into the cereal.
- Line a 9×13 pan with parchment and pour the hot cereal in.
- Using a plastic offset spatula, press the cereal down into the pan to spread it evenly.
- Allow it to cool completely in the pan.
- Slice into squares.
- Serve to your love bugs.