1. Whisk together the lime, garlic, honey, soy sauce, salt and pepper in a small bowl with a fork.
2. Place the chicken in a wide flat bowl or lasagne pan and pour the marinade over. Mix it around until evenly coated.
3. Cover and marinade in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours but ideally overnight so it really gets into the chicken. Stir occasionally.
4. Pre-heat the grill to medium high. Remove the garlic cloves and grill chicken over a medium hot grill for 5 -6 minutes on each side, until it is is cooked through, the juices run clear and/or or an instant read thermometer registers 165ºF/75ºC when inserted into the thickest part of the thigh.
5. Let chicken rest, covered in foil, for around 10 minutes before serving.