1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup flour (optional gluten free)
3 large garlic cloves, chopped
1 tbsp butter or ghee
Juice from half a lemon
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tbsp capers
Salt and pepper
1. Cut chicken breasts in half and pound. Season with salt and pepper. (If breasts are already thin, no need to cut in half.)
2. Spread flour on plate and very lightly coat both sides of the breast. Save 1/2 tbsp flour to thicken the sauce.
3. Place chicken in pan with heated oil and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side. Set aside.
4. Saute garlic and butter in the same pan for about a minute or two, scraping off any brown bits from the chicken.
5. Add 1/2 tbsp flour to chicken broth and whisk in until there are no clumps. Add to pan.
6. Immediately add white wine, lemon juice and capers. Bring to a low boil for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add chicken back in and cook for another 3-4 mintues.
Serve with your choice of sides. This chicken pairs wonderfully with black rice and sauteed spinach with garlic, red pepper flakes and a lemon squeeze.
Thank you to Jenna of The Balanced Fork for this incredible recipe!
Follow her on Instagram for more delicious treats.