Looking for the perfect combo of spicy meets sweet? Look no further! This simple snack adds an allergy-free, twist of flavor to a classic movie theater favorite! This will be your new favorite snack to curl up and watch a movie with this fall!
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Line two sheetpans with parchment or foil.
- In a large pot, heat the ¼ cup of coconut oil and then add the popcorn kernels. Put the lid on and cook the popcorn over medium heat until all of the kernels have popped. Move the popcorn off of the burner, add the peanuts and set aside.
- In a 2 quart saucepan, add the remaining coconut oil and the honey and bring to a boil. Let cook, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, for about 4-5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and add the sriracha, salt, vanilla and baking soda. Stir rapidly as it will foam up.
- Immediately add the syrup to the popcorn and peanuts and toss well, coating the popcorn as evenly as possible.
- Divide the popcorn between the two sheetpans and bake for 60 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes and rotating the sheet pans. The finished popcorn will be a deeper color and it will be crispy. When you first pull the popcorn out you can press clumps together or leave alone and it will be like caramel corn.
- Let the popcorn cool completely and then serve to snack on or store in an airtight container for up to a week.
We hope you enjoy this simple yet delicious recipe from Heather Christo, as much as we do!