St. Patrick’s Day Pancakes
By Guest Blogger: The Little Big Spoon
1 c oats
1 Tbsp flax seed meal*
1 Tbsp honey
1 stalk of kale (remove the stem)
1 Tbsp unrefined coconut oil, melted (butter or vegetable oil can replace this if it’s not readily available to you)
1/3 c almond milk (or any type of milk)
1/4 c of water
Splash of vanilla
Pinch is sea salt
What to do …
1. Add all the ingredients into the blender.
2. Turn blender on to variable speed and start slow to fast ensuring ingredients create a smooth batter consistency.
3. Allow batter to sit for 3-5 minutes and it will thicken up making it easier to pour (and flip).
4. Heat a nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-low with coconut oil
5. Pour pancake batter onto skillet, making ~2 diameter pancakes.
6. Once the tops of the pancakes look less wet and more dry, they’re ready to flip. Or sneak a peek under the pancake and if the edges are golden brown, they’re ready to flip. Allow bottoms to get golden, another minute or so, and place on a cooling rack until ready to serve.
7. Continue to add coconut oil to pan as needed while you make more pancakes. Batter should make about 10 small pancakes.