This fantastic salad from Half Baked Harvest is not only instagram worthy, but so filling! And for all of our beach bum mom’s, it’s the perfect mess-free lunch to pack for a day on the shore, dock, or even on the patio!
With all sorts of fun, unexpected ingredients this colorful salad tastes as fun as it looks and changes the pace of the usual lettuce, tomatoes and carrots!
Looking to add a bit extra to fill you up? No problem! Quinoa, hardboiled eggs and even fried eggs mix exceptionally well!
- 4-8 cup butter lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil + parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme chopped
- 2 ears of grilled corn kernels removed from the cob
- 1 1/2 cups tom-tom tomates halved
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries or blueberries
- 1 peach finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño seeded + chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas also called garbanzo beans (or one 14 oz can rinsed + drained)
- 1/2 cup mixed toasted pumpkin seeds pecans, walnuts, and pistachios, pepitas
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado pitted + chopped
- 4-6 ounces goat cheese crumbled
tip from the source: “One thing I like to do is toss everything but the lettuce together (dressing included) and store in the fridge for a couple of hours to let the flavors mend together. Then just before eating, add the lettuce.” –Tieghan Gerard
In a large bowl combine the butter lettuce, basil, parsley, thyme, grilled corn, tom-tom tomates, red pepper, blackberries or blueberries, peach, jalapeño and chickpeas.
In another small bowl or glass jar combine the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, chipotle chili powder, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
Once ready to serve, pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Add the avocado and goat cheese and gently toss once more.