We hear this a lot, but we really cannot believe it’s already fall! It seems like school just got out, and pools just opened! But here we are, a new school year and 6 months of winter awaits.
But really, how was your summer? One thing that made our summer amazing was the membership to the BRAND-NEW South Shore YMCA Outdoor Aquatic Center at the Emilson Y Branch in Hanover. As a long time SSYMCA member, I was thrilled to see this amazing new pool come to our Y. And while at the time I thought this new pool would be a great way to spend hot days, it really became so much more than that! It became a place where we connected with old and new friends, it’s where we faced our water fears, and it’s where we learned to let go of the things we “should do” and did what we wanted to do.
So in case you missed the new South Shore YMCA Outdoor Aquatic Center, let us show you around!
Other great things to point out:
- The outdoor center is fully enclosed.
- Pool members do not have specific hours to which they can attend as in previous years (due to camps.) With TWO pools, TWO splash areas and TWO playgrounds that are almost identical to each other, one half of the center is for campers and the other half for members. Once camps are done for the day, both sides are open for all members to enjoy.
- Guests of members are allowed to accompany for a fee.
- Pool is heated for those early/late summer temps.
- The snack bar offers everything from freshly made sandwiches, to frozen treats, and healthy snacks like yogurt and fruit. Also, these items can be added to your credit card on file at time of purchase.
Like what you see? Starting November 1st, South Shore YMCA members will be able to purchase a season pass for the 2024 season! This is a first come first serve enrollment and only open to SSYMCA members! (Not a member? Sign up here!) Buy your 2024 season pass in the month of November and pay 2023 rates. 2024 Season rates begin December 1.
Trust us, you do not want to miss this opportunity for next summer. Families LOVE the new Outdoor Aquatic Center and we know you will too! – Kara