This Chicken Carbonara is an excellent way to use up leftover grilled chicken! This creamy pasta dish is the perfect hearty dinner for your family as the cold season presses on!
We found this recipe from Aunt Bee’s Recipe’s who shared that her husband proclaimed that this was “The Best” pasta dish!!
- 4 chicken breast, marinated, grilled and sliced
- 12 oz pack of bacon, diced small
- 1 onion, diced small
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 16 oz pasta, cooked al dente with 1/2 cup pasta water reserved
- Fry bacon until extra crispy. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Remove all but 2 Tablespoons of bacon grease from the pan.
- Over medium heat, saute the onions in the remaining bacon grease for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- Drop the pasta in boiling water and cook until Al Dente, according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, salt and pepper until smooth.
- When the pasta is done, reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water before draining the pasta and placing it back in the hot pot.
- While the pasta is still really hot, slowly drizzle in half of the egg mixture, stirring the pasta the whole time.
- The sauce will become thick and should coat the pasta.
- After adding half of the sauce, add the frozen peas, bacon, and sauteed onion/garlic.
- Finish adding the sauce, stirring until it’s all combined.
- Then add the reserved 1/2 cup of the pasta water to help with consistency.
- Toss with grilled chicken and enjoy!