- 2 Tbsp avocado oil or another sauté oil
- 1/2 medium size red onion, sliced
- 1/2 c mushrooms, chopped
- 6 sprigs of asparagus, chopped (plus more for decoration)
- 6 eggs
- 1 c havarti cheese, grated (jack cheese would also be nice)
- optional: 1/2 hot pepper like a jalapeño or habanero
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder, sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Heat a 10″ oven safe pan to medium/low and add oil.
- Once the oil is shiny, add onions and stir until onions start to turn translucent.
- Now add mushrooms and asparagus with butter. Continue to stir until vegetables are softened but still have a bite to them. Asparagus should just turn bright green.
- Turn heat to low.
- In a medium size bowl crack all the eggs, add the spices and whisk. Add the cheese and fold to combine.
- Add egg mixture to the pan. Allow to cook until the eggs just start to pull away from the sides.*
- Transfer pan to oven and bake for 5-10 minutes, or until the center is no longer wet.*
- To brown the top – broil for 1 minute.
- Serve directly from the pan, and enjoy!
– If you want to forgo the baking part, you can keep the eggs on the stove for longer, on low. Then simply hit it with a broil to brown up the top. Just know the bottom of the frittata may brown more than when you bake.
– All oven temperatures vary, so keep an eye out on your frittata as it may be quicker to cook, or take a bit longer.