These amazing muffins from Taste of Home are sure to be a brunch favorite and double as a perfect after school snack to go along with this sunny weather we’ve been having!
Some helpful tips from the source to make the most of this recipe:
- If you don’t like the flavor of rum, skip the extract or substitute vanilla or coconut extract.
- If you want to get the most bang for your buck, try toasting nuts before adding them to recipes where they’re mixed into a batter.
- Full-fat Greek yogurt can swap in for the sour cream if you want to lighten these muffins up.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sour cream and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in the pineapple, coconut and pecans.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in an airtight container. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through.