With holiday break approaching, social distancing required to stay safe and healthy, and the weather getting colder, we’re all looking for fun activities to keep busy with inside! We’ve rounded up some of our favorite crafts that are sure to bring some festivity to your home.
Paper Roll Snowman Craft
- toilet paper rolls or kitchen paper rolls (you can buy paper craft rolls online)
- white paper or white paint
- colored paper (orange is a must for carrot nose)
- black marker
- Cut the white paper and glue it around the paper roll. Alternatively you can also paint the paper roll white. Cut a strip of colored paper for the scarf and a carrot shape out of orange paper.
- Wrap the strip of paper around the paper roll (just above the middle).
- Glue together to make a scarf.
- Draw eyes, mouth and buttons with a black marker.
- Glue on the nose and your Paper Roll Snowman Craft is done!
Egg Carton Penguins
- Egg Carton
- Black Paint
- White and Orange Paper
- Googly Eyes
- Trim the “cups” out of the egg carton. Then cut out a beak and feet from orange paper and a belly from white paper.
- Paint the individual cups black.
- Once you’ve painted the egg carton cups, let them dry completely.
- Glue the white belly onto the little bump that juts out of the egg carton. The shape makes a perfect belly, so if you have white paint, or even white out, go ahead and paint that little bump instead of using paper.
- Glue on the beak.
- Glue on the eyes.
- Fold the feet and then glue them to the inside of the egg carton cup.
- Liquid Starch
- Elmer’s white school glue
- Artificial snow for Christmas crafts
- Stir 1/4 bag of snow into 1/2 cup of white glue
- Stir in 1/2 cup of liquid starch
Holiday Wreath Ornament
- green foam paper, cut into a circle
- Cut green foam paper into donut shapes
- Apply glue to buttons and add where you see fit
- Apply glue to bell and add where you see fit
- Tie ribbon on the top of the wreath