A homemade Valentine’s Day gift is one of the most thoughtful ways to say I love you, I care about you and thankful for you! This easy heart shaped soap smells amazing and is a fun and EASY activity to do with your kids! Keep them for yourself or give them away for gifts! What’s awesome about this easy DIY soap is that you can change it up. For this recipe, we make the soap heart-shaped, pink and rose scented for Valentine’s Day, but simply switch the scents, shape and color and you have a new gift!
- Melt and Pour Goats Milk Soap Base
- Heart Shaped Silicone Mold — like this
- Rose Essential Oil
- Pink Mica Powder
- Cut soap brick into small pieces and place into a microwave safe bowl
- Microwave soap in 30 second increments and stir using a silicone spatula or spoon to mix well. Do this until soap is completed melted (about 2 minutes)
- Carefully (as the bowl will be hot), add 25-30 drops of Rose essential oil and stir
- Add 1 to 2 tsp of Mica Powder and stir
- Carefully pour soap mixture into mold and set aside to harden
- We use a 4 cup glass measuring cup to melt soap. This makes less mess and makes it very easy to pour hot mixture into the molds
- Place the silicone mold on a cookie sheet or another hard surfaces so that when you move the molds aside to harden, they don’t spill
- Use a freezer or outside (if it’s cold and dry!) to speed up the hardening process
- Pair soap with a natural sisal soap bag for a beautiful and thoughtful gift!