Happy Friday, TSSM! Enjoy the beautiful weekend…
For more details on all the events above and on more events in and around the South Shore check out our calendar!
Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipe
Sometime we have long and difficult weeks and the idea of cooking another big meal is just a nightmare. But why stress when you can enjoy this easy and delicious recipe i’m sure your whole family can enjoy. We found this great weeknight recipe from the barefoot contessa and wanted to share it with you.
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil, plus extra to cook the pasta
- 1 pound lean ground sirloin
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1¼ cups dry red wine, divided
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, preferably San Marzano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound dried pasta, such as orecchiette or small shells
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
HAPPY NATIONAL S’MORES DAY!
These sweet treats are a hit for summer cook outs. They have a little bit of everything, sweet, salty, chewy, crunchy…over all a real crowd pleaser! Most importantly, they are super easy to make; the hardest part is waiting for them to cool so you can cut and eat! 🙂
*For the filling in this recipe you can certainly make brownies from scratch but, this recipe is about keeping it simple and quick. I’ve done plenty of market research and I can tell you first hand the Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownies are DELICIOUS.
Enjoy your weekend!