Weekend Roundup 6.8
Happy Weekend, TSSM! It’s a busy one around here. Today is National Best Friend Day (according to Hoda) and tomorrow is National Rosé day. So read the weekend round up, share with your best gal pal and make plans to get together and cheers to your friendship! Make sure you pick a good one from our rosé round up!
Happening Around Town:
Farmers Markets in Braintree & Hingham
Head to Zoom at Over the Moon
Cohasset Coffee House
Make it a Movie Night at the Hang Out @ Union Point. A fam fav: E.T.
Haul Fashion Truck Festival
Head to Island Creek Pond in Duxbury for some Family Fun
Taste of Hingham – Yum!
Nantucket Beach Car Show
Family Swim at Goldfish
Members of the Hingham Newcomers Club: Don’t miss the Picnic in the Park //check your inbox// *Not a member? Join!
Mention TSSM and receive FULL set of lashes for $125 ($225 value) + a complimentary blow out before you go out ( $35 value)
It’s a great time to get rid of all that artwork and turn it into books!
FARMERS MARKET ROUND UP & RECIPES
Going to the Farmers Market is a fun family activity and a great way to support local farmers and artisans. With the variety of food, there is something for everyone! There are often baked goods, seasonal produce, prepared foods and displays of local crafts. There is something special about meeting the person who produces your food. Take advantage of the season and stop by one of these local farmers markets! Add Peas, Asparagus and Strawberries to your list and try TSSM’s delicious & easy recipes below…
From June 7th to October 4th on Thursdays from 2-6 pm, the Cohasset Farmers Market takes place on the Common (opposite the Town Hall between Main Street and Highland Ave). Find some great goodies for the weekend! The schedule this summer also features the local musiciansRay Papile, David Ogden, and Ken Warner & Jim Gallagher with guest appearances. If you would like more information, click here.
From May 5th to November 17th on Saturdays from 9am to 1pm, the Hingham Farmers Market takes place at the Bathing Beach by Hingham Harbor. This is a great way to get the family out and about on a Saturday morning! If you would like more information, click here.
From June 6th to October 10th, the Scituate Farmers Market takes place at the St. Mary’s Church Parking Lot (1 Kent Street Scituate, MA 02066). There are some pretty cool crafts that you must see! Stop by on Wednesdays from 2-6 pm to check it out. If you would like more information, click here.
Want to venture farther? Check out these other great ones:
Every Thursday from 1:30-5:30, the Duxbury Farmers and Artisans Market takes place at 243 Summer Street in Duxbury. There are an abundance of local food such as oysters and fish as well as beautiful flowers and fresh fruits and vegetables. If you happen to be in the area or headed to the Cape, it’s worth the stop!
Norwell does not have a farmers market BUT they do have the Norwell Community Farm which is a non-profit organization that aims to reconnect the local community. They focus on sustainable and healthy food while also educating the community. It is located on the historic Jacobs Farms. If you want to get involved, click here.
Easy Oven Roasted Asparagus
- 2 pounds thick asparagus, woody ends trimmed off
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- Fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Parmesan (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Oil a baking sheet or a baking dish large enough to hold the asparagus in one layer. Place the asparagus in the dish, and toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until the stalks begin to shrivel and color lightly.
- Remove from the oven. If desired, toss with the thyme and season with lemon juice and/or parmesan.
- 2 cups diced fresh strawberries
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced baby radishes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
Toss together strawberries, scallions, radishes, chives, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Gently toss in avocado just before serving. Enjoy!
Spring Pea Risotto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 1/2 cup dry White Wine
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 cup mascarpone Cheese
- 1 ½ cups fresh peas, shelled and blanched
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- lemon wedges
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the shallot and sauté until translucent. Add the garlic and sauté for about 1 minute. Add the Arborio rice to the skillet, toss to coat, and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add white wine and stir the rice until all the wine has been absorbed. Add the chicken stock 1/2 cup at a time. Let fully absorb before adding more.
- Once the rice is just tender, add the Parmesan and mascarpone cheese and combine. Add the previously blanched peas and carefully combine. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Squeeze lemon juice on top and serve.
Busy week? Hope you didn’t miss these posts!
Meet the lovely & fit Cassie!
Father’s Day Gift Guide. Coupons were a big hit – coming to your inboxes soon!
Rosé all the way. Don’t miss our TSSM Round Up of the best rosé wines out there.
Yummy recipes on the blog: Summer Salads, Street Tacos & More…
SUNSCREEN 101! TSSM Round Up of the best sunscreens for this summer.
Did you miss our June Newsletter? Check your inbox! Not signed up? Sign up now!
Is there a must-have Tried & True product you love? Share it with us.
Be sure to check out all of our Deals & Steals page for exclusive discounts and promotions just for TSSM readers!