Summer is in full swing, the weather is great and spirits are high. We welcomed a new little one to the TSSM family this week! Big news! We hope everyone can head to the beach or hop on a boat to embrace this lovely summer weather!
The weekly farmer’s markets are in Braintree and Hingham! Head over to pick up some fresh food while meeting local artisans and vendors. Summer is the perfect time to take advantage of local fish and fruit.
Where we live, history is everywhere! The Bradford House and the King Caesar House are open for house tours throughout the summer months. The tours will enable you to see where these families lived and include hands-on activities for the little ones. Check it out!
Have you stopped by the Hangout at Union Point? They are constantly hosting fun events! This weekend and next, Portobello Road, a Chestnut Hill-based boutique in Boston, will have their popup shop here. They are offering deals to those who stop by all weekend long!
Third Annual Coop’s Troop 5K is this Sunday at Bare Cove Park. There will also be a 1-mile fun run event. Join this great Foundation to honor Cooper Matthew Richards. Please visit CoopsTroop.com for more information about the cause.
Duxbury Music Festival Kickoff! On Sunday night there will be a concert and reception in the Ellison Center for the Arts at the South Shore Conservatory, Duxbury location. This is the 13 season of the Duxbury Music Festival and you won’t want to miss it! Be sure to keep up with our calendar all week long as this is just the beginning!
COOL AND DELICIOUS POPSICLE RECIPES:
- 10 oz frozen fruit of choice
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (or 13 oz milk of choice)
- 2 tbsp sweetener of choice, or pinch uncut stevia
- optional, 1 overripe banana
- Blend all ingredients until completely smooth.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze.
*Note: The popsicles will be much creamier if full-fat coconut milk is used, but any milk will work.
Recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie
Banana Nutella Fudgesicles
- 6 large overripe bananas, peeled
- 1/2 cup nutella (use a heaping 1/3 cup if you don’t like things too sweet)
- Blend the overripe bananas until completely puréd.
- Add nutella, and blend until completely mixed in.
- Pour into popsicle molds with sticks and freeze for 3-4 hours.
- Add toasted coconut flakes and enjoy!
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 pounds (from 1 small melon) cantaloupe melon chunks
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
1. Dump the water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, bring to a simmer, and cook just until the sugar has dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
2. Put the cantaloupe chunks in a food processor and blend to a smooth puree. Add the cooled mixture and lime or lemon juice and blend again.
3. Pour the syrup mixture into your popsicle molds, leaving 1/4 inch space at the top of each mold to allow the mixture to expand when it freezes. Insert a popsicle stick into the molds and freeze until solid, about 2 hours.
Recipe from Leite’s Culinaria
Busy week? Hope you didn’t miss these posts!
They’re growing up so fast! 7 Things Your Kids Need To Do For Themselves Before They Turn 13
Want to help your little one know they’re doing the right thing? Check out our Good Citizens Rewards Chart for All. It is hyper-local and super relatable!
Home-made Ice Cream Sandwiches are the best summer dessert. This recipe is perfect — make now, eat later!
Be sure to check out our Deals & Steals page for exclusive discounts and promotions just for TSSM readers!
Have a great weekend!